When: Friday Morning (9:00am – 10:00am)
Learn how to speak effectively to live audiences and to the news media. Whether you are giving a presentation or holding a press conference, this workshop will help you look your best, create memorable stories and sound bites and deliver winning messages.
In order to look and feel confident and express the exact messages you need shared, four specific skills must be developed:
- How to look comfortable, confident and relaxed on camera, so that you come across in the style you want.
- How to shape a simple, 3-part, 30-second message, no matter how complicated your subject matter is.
- How to answer questions in a focused, strategic manner.
- How to create sound bites for each message point and then deliver those sound bites in the interview so you only get quoted with the words you planned in advance.
These skills are developed though an intensive online, interactive course that provides access to more than 100 videos plus homework assignments.
When: Friday Morning (10:00am – 1:00pm)
Where: Meeting Room E
PUBLIC SPEAKING & PODCASTING
This workshop examines effective techniques for developing public communication skills that encourage listeners to remember and act on your message while earning you a good reputation. To accomplish this, four specific skills are addressed:
- How to look comfortable, confident and relaxed while speaking or presenting.
- How to get people to understand your messages and not be confused or lost by the quality or quantity of your ideas.
- How to get audience members to remember your key messages.
- How to get people to take act on your messages after listening to your presentation.
Additionally, this workshop offers interactive training for podcasting which encourages the sharing of expertise. The technology is easy, but the step-by-step plan to start can be a challenge for most people. This course will walk you through everything you need to know so that you can be up and broadcasting very quickly.
When: Friday Afternoon (2:00pm – 6:00pm)
TJ Walker has been called the leading speaking expert / media trainer in the world by Bloomberg TV, Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show” and Fox News.
Best Selling Author: Walker is the author of 5 books including the #1 national bestseller “TJ Walker’s Secret to Foolproof Presentations,” (#1 USA Today, Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, and #1 Amazon bestseller.
Media Training / Presentation & Speaker Training: With more than 25 years of experience, Walker has been the personal presentation / media coach to Presidents, Prime Ministers, CEOs, US Senators, Super Bowl Winners, and Nobel Peace Prize winners.
Keynote Speaker: TJ Walker gives more than 100 keynote speeches and training sessions a year on leadership communication, media and presentation skills.
Newsmaker: TJ Walker is a communications commentator on the Reuters Insider Network. Walker is also a frequent news commentator, and been featured numerous times on CNN, Headline News, ABC-TV, Fox News Channel, MSNBC, Court TV, Bloomberg TV, CBS Sunday Morning,Comedy Central’s “The Daily Show,” National Public Radio, ABC Radio, NBC Radio, and CBS Radio.
Social Media: Host of the #1 daily speaking-related Internet TV show seen on YouTube and syndicated throughout the Internet, The TJ Walker Show.
Online Learning: A pioneer in adapting technology, TJ Walker has developed the first interactive online presentation and media training courses (at TJWalker.com) allowing students to rehearse, record, and playback their video from the privacy of their home or office.
Education: Walker was a Merit Scholar at Duke University where he graduated Magna Cum Laude. He has lectured or trained at Yale University, Columbia University and Princeton University.